Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Irving Penn dies at 92


Irving Penn, one of the 20th century’s most prolific and influential photographers of fashion and the famous, whose signature blend of classical elegance and cool minimalism was recognizable to magazine readers and museumgoers worldwide, died on October 8 at his home in Manhattan. He was 92.

Follow this link to the New York Times to read more. Also, here's a video article, in which this was my first viewing.

Here's a link to the video here.


5 comments:

Damian AhChing said...

ok, don't hate me. that photo is a Richard Avedon.

Anonymous said...

That is sad. I hadn't heard that he died.

Brett May said...

this guy has an interesting style

Tiffany said...

Wow, didn't hear that he died.
I mean, yes, he was quite old, but it's a great loss to the art community.

Nichole Payne said...

oops...my bad. I'll fix that right now. Thanks Damian!